Welcome to the Vanderbilt Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center, School of Medicine.
Through training and experiences with our one year clinical program we hope you will learn to:
- Be proficient in patient care as consultants and independent providers of hospice and palliative care;
- Be consummate professionals;
- Be proficient in the knowledge base of hospice and palliative care;
- Develop effective habits of practice-based and system based learning;
- Communicate effectively with patients, families, staff and colleagues;
- Be proficient in interdisciplinary leadership and quality improvement;
- Be catalysts for improving outcomes of care.
We are excited that you are exploring options with our program and hope that your experiences and interactions with us will serve as an excellent foundation for your future professional life. Please contact any of us with questions about our program.
Sumi Misra, MD, MPH, FAAHPM