Clinical Trials Center
The Clinical Trials Center, established following the successful completion of the NIH sponsored Modification of Diet and Renal Disease Study (MDRD), is currently conducting multi-center clinical trials in the areas of kidney disease, hypertension, and diabetes.
Clinical Research Activities:
- Preventing the progression of kidney disease, with special interest in hypertensive nephrosclerosis and diabetic nephropathy
- Improving dialytic therapies
- Reversing and shortening the course of acute renal failure
- Ameliorating the effects of chronic renal failure
- Examining new immunosuppressive agents for renal transplant recipients
Drs. Julia Lewis and Gerald Schulman are co-directors of the Clinical Trials Center and are supported by a staff experienced in clinical trials research. Advisor and Founder of the Clinical Trials Center is Paul E. Teschan, M.D.
Julia Lewis, MD
Mohammed Sika, Ph.D.
Edwina McNeill-Simaan, MS, CCRP, CCRCMalia Reed, RN
Ewanda Leavell, AS
Division of Nephrology
Medical Arts Building, Room 215, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
(1211 21st Avenue South), Nashville, TN 37232-1371
Phone: 615-936-1179, Fax: 615-936-1308